Who Are We?
Established in 2000, JD Cooling Group has grown organically to what it is now a £30m turnover business and one of the top 1,000 inspirational and forward-thinking companies in the UK, putting people at the heart the business. As the UK’s largest independent supplier of bespoke cooling, industrial refrigeration, automation controls and power systems, we are able to offer our customers the complete cooling package. Central to JD Cooling Group’s success are people; our employees, our customers and our supply chain.
The JD Cooling Group are seeking an experienced and forward-thinking Industrial Refrigeration Sales Engineer, to join our growing sales team within the group. This position is an exciting role that reports directly into the Group Sales Manager for all aspects of Industrial sales.
Working to the same goals as the Group Sales Manager, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently to drive their own sales, but with a wealth of support where necessary.
Main duties will include (but not be limited to):
- The complete design of industrial refrigeration plants, inclusive of all mechanical and plant sizing, production and delivery of full quotations, and negotiation with the customer.
- Upon successful order confirmation, handover of all financial and design information to the in-house technical and contracts teams. Where necessary, you would be expected to continue ongoing discussion with customer or main contractor alongside the other teams.
- Developing current and prospective industrial sales opportunities
- Building and maintaining networks to improve the presence and reputation of the Company
- Ensuring profitability and achieving sales targets and outcomes
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining successful business and customer relationships
- Presenting design input on installations projects
- Presenting timely sales reports to the Group Sales Manager
- Liaising with senior team personnel as required
- Attending sales meetings
- Liaising with technical, contracts, service, and specialist services teams to support Group sales
- Ensuring sales opportunities are viable and in line with forecast margins
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an experienced, forward-thinking, and motivated individual, who is confident and capable of working independently in a fast-paced working environment.
The successful candidate will have experience in industrial refrigeration, process plant field sales, with a record of accomplished outcomes. As an industrial sales engineer you will ideally be qualified within the relevant refrigeration disciplines. You should be confident in the industrial sales sector and competent in conducting site surveys.
The ideal candidate will be able to oversee the design and specification of materials and equipment, organise and oversee drawing requirements for project delivery whilst ensuring compliance to all codes of practice etc. In addition, you should be able to produce a program of works and cash flow forecasts if required.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- Successful track record in sales, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- HNC, HND in mechanical engineering or equivalent is advantageous but not essential
- Relevant practical experience as a sales engineer or sales manager is also advantageous, but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the group
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Previous experience with a CRM system would be beneficial
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Good communication skills
Why Work for JD Cooling Group?
- Competitive Salary – Nothing can replace talent, so we ensure our salaries reflect this.
- Annual Leave – While we are a great company to work for, everyone needs some time off. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays so you can relax and unwind.
- Contributory Pension Scheme –we offer a salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- Progression –We hire great people, and we want to keep them, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the organisation. We invest heavily in training and apprenticeship schemes to help our employees reach their full potential.
- Benefits – We understand the importance of looking after our employees, so if you work for JD Cooling Group, personal HealthShield cover is part of the package. We maintain a high level of staff retention and offer an annual company bonus scheme to our employees.
- Company Work Wear – Company branded work wear is provided for all.
- Equal Opportunities – We offer a working environment which promotes equality and fairness, treating all employees with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com