Who are we?
Established in 2000, JD Cooling Group has grown organically to what it is now a £30m turnover business and one of the top 1,000 inspirational and forward-thinking companies in the UK, putting people at the heart the business. As the UK’s largest independent supplier of bespoke cooling, industrial refrigeration, automation controls and power systems, we offer our customers the complete cooling package. Central to JD Cooling Group’s success are people; our employees, our customers, and our supply chain.
JD Cooling Group are seeking a confident and experienced Service Engineer to join our service team in East Anglia. The correct candidate should be professional and polite, with the ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and customers alike. Our customer base consists of a wide range of manufacturing premises, food and crop storage facilities, clean room, and office environments. This role will involve a degree of site-based work at one of our key customer premises, local to our King’s Lynn office, while also serving other customers across the region.
Main duties will include:
- Carrying out servicing, diagnostics, and repair on a range of Refrigeration and Air-conditioning systems and associated plant. This includes but is not limited to; Standard DX Refrigeration systems, Chilled water/Secondary Glycol systems, Split and VRF air-conditioning systems, AHU and Process Cooling applications.
- Carrying out routine maintenance tasks, providing accurate results recording in a timely manner.
- Carrying out small project and installation works as and when required.
- Providing an excellent customer service.
- Demonstrating good product knowledge and providing technical information to customers when required.
- Participation in our out-of-hours call-out rota.
Who are we looking for?
Qualifications / experience of benefit (further training given where required):
- Full UK driving licence.
- NVQ Level 2/3 City & Guilds Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (preferred – not essential).
- FGAS Refrigerant Handling (City & Guilds 2079).
- Hydrocarbons and Co2 handling qualifications advantageous, however training will be given if required.
- Field experience in the refrigeration and air-conditioning sector.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Good organisational skills.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to manage customer expectations and prioritise workload effectively.
- The successful candidate should be capable of having a flexible approach to the work being carried out and work well independently as well as part of a team.
Why Work for JD Cooling Group?
- Excellent Salary – Nothing can replace talent, so we ensure our salaries reflect this.
- Training – Our employees always receive the training required to fulfil their job role safely and with confidence.
- Overtime & Paid Travel – We want to keep our employees happy, therefore we pay overtime and engineer’s door-to-door travel.
- Annual Leave – While we are a great company to work for, everyone needs some time off. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays so you can relax and unwind.
- Contributory Pension Scheme –we offer a salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- Progression –We hire great people, and we want to keep them, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the organisation. We invest heavily in training and apprenticeship schemes to help our employees reach their full potential.
- Perks – We understand the importance of looking after our employees, so if you work for JD Cooling Group, personal HealthShield cover is part of the package. We maintain a high level of staff retention and offer an annual company bonus scheme to our employees.
- Company Work Wear – Company branded work wear is provided for all.
- Equal Opportunities – We offer a working environment which promotes equality and fairness, treating all employees with the dignity and respect they deserve.
*Salary, company vehicle & overtime, to be discussed with applicant.
Please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com