JD Cooling Group
Project Supervisor opportunity
Who Are We?
Established in 2000, JD Cooling Group has grown organically to what it is now a £30m turnover business and one of the top 1,000 inspirational and forward-thinking companies in the UK, putting people at the heart the business. JD Cooling Group is the leading independent supplier of temperature control systems. As specialists in cooling, industrial refrigeration, heating, electrical, automation controls, robotics, industrial doors, barriers, and specialist cleaning schedules, we provide the full in-house turnkey solution, delivering a hassle-free, wholly project managed, end-to-end service from design to full installation, testing and completed system.
Central to JD Cooling Group’s success are people; our employees, our customers, and our supply chain.
Working with our Contracts Team, the Project Supervisor should ideally have a background in Refrigeration engineering site works. An understanding of installation, refurbishment or construction environment would be an advantage.
Experience in the following System Installations is ideal, but not limited to: Chilled Water, DX, Ammonia, CO2, HVAC, AHU Systems and Control Panels.
You will be a team player capable of following company procedures but also prepared to think your way around problems and adapt safely to ensure projects progress. You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks and clients.
Main duties (not limited to) include:
- Regular site visits to co-ordinate and manage the on site M E and Refrig Installation works, from site setup to final commissioning and handover. Multiple installs at anyone time could be in place across the UK and some time working away will be required.
- To assist Contracts Team, Tech Team and Drawing Office during the project carrying out detailed site surveys for all M E and Refrig service routes and major plant positions.
- Attend project/site meetings with clients and end users as required, completing weekly installation reports, and managing the monthly project account supporting the Contracts Manager.
- Completing programme of works (Microsoft Project), manage changes in the project scope, schedule and costs, material procurement, track/trace deliveries, arrange offloading and plant positioning, managing sub-contractors and inhouse staff with full familiarisation of Project to completion.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation through to final handover.
- Co-ordinate and manage the onsite Refrig Commissioning process with our inhouse Engineers, subcontractors, on-site testing and PED works as required.
- Delivery of Refrigeration installation, Signoff and handover projects to clients and end users.
- To work with the HSE manager to ensure all RAMS and Permits are in place including full site H&S files with regular updates.
- Manage Health and safety site requirements and administration for all JDCS contractors and ensure their equipment plus all hire equipment / scaffolding is inspected accordingly. To oversee and manage on site tool box talks with the site engineering team.
- Working on varied sites throughout the UK, from Farm Agri Cold stores, to Food Storage Packhouses, Pharma Cleanrooms and Commercial Premises.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and self-motivation is essential, as our Installations Contracts cover the UK, so there will be an element of travel and working away, all expenses covered by JDC.
Qualifications / experience of benefit (further training given where required):
- At least 5 year’s extensive experience of refrigeration systems is essential.
- Refrigeration, Mechanical and Electrical Qualifications preferred, but not all essential.
- FGAS Refrigerant Handling (City & Guilds 2079).
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- A full UK driving licence.
Why Work for JD Cooling Group?
Competitive Salary – Nothing can replace talent, so we ensure our salaries reflect this.
Door to Door Pay – We value our engineers time and that’s why they are paid ‘door to door.’
Annual Leave – While we are a great company to work for, everyone needs some time off. We offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays so you can relax and unwind.
Contributory Pension Scheme – We offer a salary sacrifice pension scheme.
Progression – We hire great people, and we want to keep them, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the organization the JD Way. We invest heavily in training and apprenticeship schemes to help our employees reach their full potential.
Perks – We understand the importance of looking after our people, so if you work for JD Cooling Group, personal health insurance is part of the package as well as an annual company bonus scheme.
Company Vehicle & Work Wear – A company van is provided for all engineers and Company branded work wear is provided for all.
Equal opportunities – Everybody at the JD Cooling Group is treated equally and respectfully.
*Salary, company vehicle & overtime, to be discussed with applicant.
Please email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org