Who Are We?
Established in 2000, JD Cooling Group has grown organically to what it is now a £30m turnover business and one of the top 1,000 inspirational and forward-thinking companies in the UK, putting people at the heart the business. JD Cooling Group is the leading independent supplier of temperature control systems. As specialists in cooling, industrial refrigeration, heating, electrical, automation controls, robotics, industrial doors, barriers, and specialist cleaning schedules, we provide the full in-house turnkey solution, delivering a hassle-free, wholly project managed, end-to-end service from design to full installation, testing and completed system.
Central to JD Cooling Group’s success are people; our employees, our customers, and our supply chain.
Main duties (not limited to) include:
- Regular site visits to co-ordinate and manage the on site mechanical, electrical and refrigeration installation works, from site setup to final commissioning and handover. Multiple installs at anyone time could be in place across the UK and some time working away will be required.
- To assist the contracts manager, technical team and drawing office during the project carrying out detailed site surveys for all mechanical, electrical and refrigeration service routes and major plant positions.
- Attend project/site meetings with clients and end users as required, completing weekly installation reports, and managing the monthly accounts supporting the contracts manager.
- Completing programme of works (Microsoft Project), manage changes in the project scope, schedule and costs, material procurement, track/trace deliveries, arrange offloading and plant positioning, managing sub-contractors and inhouse staff with full familiarisation of project to completion.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation through to final handover.
- Co-ordinate and manage the onsite refrigeration commissioning process with our inhouse engineers, on-site testing and PED works as required.
- Delivery of refrigeration installation, signoff and handover projects to clients and end users.
- To work with the HSE manager to ensure all RAMS and permits are in place including full site H&S files with regular updates.
- Manage health and safety site requirements and administration for all JDC’s contractors and ensure their equipment plus all hire equipment / scaffolding is inspected accordingly. To oversee and manage on site tool box talks with the site engineering team.
- Working on varied sites throughout the UK, from farm Agri cold stores, to food storage packhouses, pharmaceutical cleanrooms and commercial premises.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and self-motivation is essential as our Installation Contracts cover the UK, so there will be an element of travel and working away. Expenses are covered by the company.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for somebody who can work well as part of a team, whilst also being able to problem solve safely and independently, to ensure project progression.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will show confidence in managing multiple tasks and clients.
- Working with our Contracts Manager, the project engineer / manager should ideally have a background in refrigeration or HVAC engineering site works. An understanding of installation, refurbishment or a construction environment would also be an advantage.
- Individuals with experience in the following system installations is ideal, but not limited to: Chilled Water, DX, Ammonia, CO2, HVAC, AHU Systems and Control Panels.
Qualifications / experience of benefit (further training given where required):
- At least 5 year’s extensive experience of refrigeration systems is essential.
- Refrigeration, Mechanical and Electrical Qualifications preferred, but not all essential.
- FGAS Refrigerant Handling (City & Guilds 2079).
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- A full UK driving licence.
Why Work for JD Cooling Group?
- Excellent Salary – Nothing can replace talent, so we ensure our salaries reflect this. Salary Range: £35,000 – £45,000 +.
- Annual Leave – While we are a great company to work for, everyone needs some time off. We offer 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays so you can relax and unwind.
- Contributory Pension Scheme – We offer a salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- Progression – We hire great people, and we want to keep them, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the organisation. We invest heavily in training and apprenticeship schemes to help our employees reach their full potential.
- Perks – We understand the importance of looking after our employees, so if you work for JD Cooling Group, personal Health Shield cover is part of the package. We maintain a high level of staff retention and offer an annual company bonus scheme to our employees.
- Company Vehicle & Work Wear – Provided and includes mobile phone and laptop for site and remote working.
- Equal Opportunities – We offer a working environment which promotes quality and fairness, treating all employees with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Please email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 07/04/2021.