Who are we?
Established in 2000, JD Cooling Group has grown organically to what it is now a £30m turnover business and one of the top 1,000 inspirational and forward-thinking companies in the UK, putting people at the heart the business. As the UK’s largest independent supplier of bespoke cooling, industrial refrigeration, automation controls and power systems, we are able to offer our customers the complete cooling package. Central to JD Cooling Group’s success are people; our employees, our customers, and our supply chain.
The JD Cooling Group have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice CAD Technician within our expanding Technical department. The successful candidate will complete an “Engineering design and Draughtsperson apprenticeship”
This is a 3 year apprenticeship, and you will complete this alongside on-the-job training from our experienced and supportive team.
Once qualified, a competent CAD Technician will work without immediate supervision and will have the ability to liaise effectively with other trades and end users.
As a CAD Technician Apprentice, you will learn:
- How to use various drawing packages including AutoCAD MEP Auto Desk Inventor to a high level.
- How to manage workloads.
- How to compile detailed general arrangement drawings.
- How to draw from a measured survey.
- How to perform a measured survey.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has good attention to detail. They will have a desire to learn and develop the knowledge and skills required for the role and they should be able to work well under pressure and to deadlines. Working independently and as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to multitask in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail.
- Desire and motivation to learn.
- Maths, English Language, ICT GCSE grade 8-4+ / A*-C and above (or equivalent).
- Decent level of computer literacy.
Why Work for JD Cooling Group?
- Competitive Salary – Nothing can replace talent, so we ensure our salaries reflect this.
- Annual Leave – While we are a great company to work for, everyone needs some time off. We offer 20 days holiday plus bank holidays so you can relax and unwind.
- Contributory Pension Scheme – we offer a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Progression – We hire great people, and we want to keep them, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the organisation. We invest heavily in training and apprenticeship schemes to help our employees reach their full potential.
- Private Healthcare – We understand the importance of looking after our employees, so if you work for JD Cooling Group, personal Medicash cover is part of the package.
- Bonus Scheme – We offer an annual company bonus scheme to all of our employees.
- Company Work Wear – Company branded work wear is provided for all.
- Equal Opportunities – We offer a working environment which promotes quality and fairness, treating all employees with the dignity and respect they deserve.
For this role, the salary will be paid as per our apprenticeship scheme, and this will be discussed at interview.
Please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com