Apprentice Engineer opportunity
JD Cooling Group are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join their team of experienced engineers as an apprentice. With the service, repairs, and maintenance of air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation equipment, engineering in this field is a specialist occupation. It requires the ability to plan, prepare, and safely carry out the service, repairs, and maintenance of air conditioning and ventilation systems in varying industries and locations.
The apprenticeship takes 3 years full time and once qualified, a competent engineer will work without immediate supervision and will have the ability to liaise effectively with other trades and end users.
Requirements of the role:
Learning and mastering the service and maintenance of systems, testing and fault-finding, monitoring performance to ensure systems are maintained to provide maximum performance and efficiency
College attendance and the undertaking of any additional training as requested, as well as having an active role in the apprentice review process
The following of the Company Health and Safety Policy and procedures – including the wearing of PPE as required and the correct use of tools, equipment, and materials
Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, customers, and other trades
Familiarity with the Industry Codes of Practice and other sources of information where UK Safety and Environmental Legislation are key drivers of the rapid changes in technology and processes within the sector.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual. They will have a desire to learn and develop the knowledge and skills required for the role and they should be able to work well under pressure and to deadlines. Working independently and as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to multitask in a fast-paced working environment.
- Keen interest in engineering with a desire and motivation to learn & develop skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Maths, English Language, ICT GCSE grade 8-4+ / A*-C and above (or equivalent) -Desirable, not essential.
Why Work for JD Cooling Group?
- Competitive Salary – Nothing can replace talent, so we ensure our salaries reflect this.
- Door to Door Pay – We value our engineers time and that’s why they are paid ‘door to door.’
- Annual Leave – While we are a great company to work for, everyone needs some time off. We offer 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays so you can relax and unwind.
- Contributory Pension Scheme – We offer a salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- Progression – We hire great people, and we want to keep them, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the organization the JD Way. We invest heavily in training and apprenticeship schemes to help our employees reach their full potential.
- Perks – We understand the importance of looking after our employees, so if you work for JD Cooling Group, personal Medicash cover is part of the package. We maintain a high level of staff retention and offer an annual company bonus scheme to our employees.
- Company Vehicle & Work Wear – A company van is provided for all engineers and Company branded work wear is provided for all.
- Equal opportunities – Everybody at the JD Cooling Group is treated equally and respectfully.
*Salary, company vehicle & overtime, to be discussed with applicant.
Please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com